Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Something To Put A Smile On Your Face

When I was pregnant I found this deal for like 7 Dr. Seuss Books along with a book bag, tote and free shipping for $13. I didn't think we would enjoy the books while my little one was a baby but boy was I wrong, Dr. Seuss Books are our favorite to read together. 




Fox In Socks is bound to make anyone laugh. I dare you to say this and keep a straight face:

Through three cheese trees three free fleas flew.
While these fleas flew, freezy breeze blew.
Freezy breeze made these three trees freeze.
Freezy trees made these trees' cheese freeze.
That's what made these three free fleas sneeze.

Now try this:
Bim bends Ben's broom.
Bim's bends.
Ben's bends.
Ben's bent broom breaks.
Bim's bent broom breaks.


Funny thing is, my son NEVER lets me get through the entire book because I sound like a bumbling fool so as much fun as I have reading this book, he would rather read this.

When beetles battle beetles in a puddle paddle battle
and the beetle battle puddle is a puddle in a bottle...
...they call this a tweetle beetle bottle puddle paddle battle muddle.


I got the hubby involved and he was able to complete the book; our son moved away to do something else while he continued reading on in a room by himself because who wants to sit and listen to someone stumble through his words? As foolish as we may seem to our son its nice for him to see us laugh a little more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment